HOW TO NAVIGATE DIVORCE IN A GENTLE, SUSTAINABLE WAY
Monday April 12th, 5 pm
Register in advance for this meeting THROUGH THIS LINK.
The mediation team from The Center at Kennett Square is offering a talk on mediation and how it can lead to more sustainable agreements at a fraction of the cost of litigation. Please join us and hear how mediation can help families going through the impactful changes of divorce.
Mediation is a rapidly growing field that is changing the face of the divorce and custody process for transitioning couples and families. The litigation process primarily revolves around conflict – not solution – and the road to change is a lengthy process that often puts extra emotional strain on the family as well as possibly adding unneeded financial stress.
- Average cost in Chester County, PA: $5,000
- Average length of process: 3-4 months
- You’re making decisions
- You’re supported by a team that facilitates communication
- Studies show that mediation facilitates quicker healing and more successful co-parenting
- Long term solutions to promote healthy families
- Average cost in Chester County, PA: $30,000
- Average length of process: 1-2 years
- A judge is making decisions for you
- Attorneys communicate for you
- Commonly repeatedly called back into court system for negotiations which may prolong healing and moving forward
- Primarily revolving around conflict and destruction